Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Trifle Recipe
Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Trifle Recipe: As you may have noticed, we’re not chefs here at Gluten-Free New England,but when we’re really craving something, nothing stops us. We did our best at recreating the chocolate trifle that we enjoyed so many years ago, when we could eat both gluten and dairy. The original recipe uses a devil’s food cake mix, instant chocolate pudding, Cool Whip, and crushed Heath Bar. Here’s what we used for this one:
1 box GF cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
1 box GF vanilla cake mix (we used Betty Crocker)
I container of So Delicious brand coconut whipped topping
I recipe of Gluten-Free Zen’s dairy-free chocolate pudding
Crushed dairy-free chocolate chips or any other dairy-free candy of your choice
- Prepare the gluten-free chocolate pudding the day before or many hours ahead, because it needs to cool completely.
- Make both cake mixes and freeze.
- Thaw non-dairy whipped topping in the refrigerator.
- Cut the cakes into 1″ cubes. It’s a little easier and neater to do it while the cake is still sightly frozen
- Line the bottom of your trifle dish or bowl generously with cake cubes.
- Pour about 3/4 cup of the pudding over the cubes.
- Top with about 3/4 cup of the whipped topping
- Add a sprinkle of crushed candy
- Repeat until the dish is full, and top with the whipped topping and candy.