Best Flourless Black Bean Brownie Recipe
contributed by Melissa Cole of WFSB
We’re delighted to welcome Melissa Cole of WFSB Channel 3 as one of our new contributors! Melissa has been gluten free for years, and will be supplying us with her favorite recipes, tips and products, She adapted this flourless, black bean brownie recipe from Skinny Taste, and wow is it good!
- 1 (14 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar (we substituted 1/4 cup agave)
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon skim milk or unsweetened milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground coffee or instant coffee
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Blend the black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, sugar, oil, almond milk, balsamic, baking soda, baking powder and coffee in the blender until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake the brownies until a toothpick comes out clean, about 30 to 32 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into squares.
Enjoy! (like we even needed to tell you that)