Cauliflower Wings – Bring ’em on!
Sticky Sesame Vegan Cauliflower Wings
Adapted from Kitchen Sanctuary
Need a delicious AND healthy gluten free Super Bowl snack? Leave it to good ol’ cauliflower to come to the rescue. This recipe is spicy, satisfying and fun, without the fat!
- 1/2 cup milk (can substitute non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 tablespoons GF all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoon GF sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons GF soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass paste (available in your grocer’s produce section)
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 425. Grease or line a large baking tray with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the milk, water, flour, garlic salt, celery salt, paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Mix until no lumps remain. Add cauliflower florets.
- Mix together to coat the florets. Using a slotted spoon, remove florets from the mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Place florets on prepared tray, leaving a little space between each.
- Bake tray in the oven for 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- While the florets bake, add all sauce ingredients into a saucepan. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Turn off the heat. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and very carefully pour the sauce over them. Toss to combine and top with scallions and chili flakes, if desired.