Gluten-Free and Vegan Pumpkin Spice Waffle Recipe
This gluten-free and vegan pumpkin spice recipe might have more ingredients than others, but the delicate crisp on the outside combined with the tender inside makes it all worthwhile!
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or sugar of choice (add more if you like them sweeter!)
- Turn on your waffle iron.
- In a small bowl, combine the dairy-free milk and apple cider vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the GF flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg.
- Add wet ingredients to to dry ingredients and stir. If the mixture is too thick, add additional water or non-dairy milk.
- Grease your waffle iron and cook away! We find that these waffles take a little longer to cook than traditional ones – between 4-5 mins, but all waffle irons vary.
- Serve when warm or freeze up to 3 months!
- We used the Churwaffle mini waffle iron. Totally fun.
- Yes, our flour mix includes xanthan gum, AND we added all the other rising/texture ingredients too. It worked!