Gluten-Free Apple Noodle Kugel Recipe
If you have eaten as many kugels as we have, you understand that each one reflects the tastes and background of the families that make them. This one comes directly from Abby’s mom, with GF egg noodles replacing the standard egg ones. It’s sweet, it’s savory, and a downright comforting carb celebration!
1 lb GF egg noodles (we used Jovial)
4 eggs or egg substitute
4 tablespoons melted butter/butter substitute
1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (depending on taste, can use sugar substitutes too)
1 can apple pie filling (make sure it’s GF!)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased 9×13 baking dish for a thinner kugel, or 8×8 dish for thicker.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees until lightly brown and firm to the touch.