This beer battered gluten-free onion ring recipe is so easy and so good. And, you can adjust the seasonings to your own taste!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we used King Arthur)
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions (Vidalia are sweeter)
- 12 oz. GF Ghostfish Pale Ale (can use any beer; we used Ghostfish because they sponsored our 5/7/22 expo!)
- 1 cup or more of oil for high heat frying
- In a medium bowl, add the GF flour and all of the seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the 12oz. Ghostfish Beer and mix super well. No lumps.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- While the batter is refrigerating, slice the two onions into rings (separating each one)
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees.
- Drop the onion rings into the hot oil, and cook for approximately 1 and a half minutes per side. Take out and let rest on a paper towel for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy! You can adjust the seasonings for this beer battered gluten-free onion ring recipe to taste.