These adorable dessert turkey legs will please everyone!
- Gluten-free pretzel sticks (we used Snyders)
- 1 bag of caramels (we used Kraft – can use dairy free as well)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (can use semisweet, milk, or dairy free)
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- Unwrap 10 of the caramels and place them into a microwavable bowl.
- Heat the caramels for 15 seconds to soften them.
- Break the softened caramels into two, and mold each piece around one pretzel stick. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips and Crisco into a bowl and heat the bowl in hot water. This will help the chocolate melt slowly and not “break.” Ensure that no water gets into the chocolate mixture…not even a drop!
- Dip the “turkey legs” into the chocolate one at a time, resting them on a cooling rack or parchment paper. Let dry completely.