Who doesn’t love zucchini bread? This gluten-free chocolate zucchini bread recipe is one of our all-time faves!
- 2 cups grated zucchini, shredded and lightly pressed
- 2 large eggs or egg substitute
- 1 2/3 cups flour of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar (brown sugar offers a richer flavor, but white works too)
- 1/2 cup oil – we prefer coconut
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips – dairy free if you choose
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional but so good!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs or egg substitute, honey, sugar of your choice, oil, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together, baking soda, flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder (if using) and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix by hand until you get a smooth batter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and grated zucchini until combined.
- Spray a 9 x 5 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and/or line it with parchment paper. Pour in the zucchini bread batter and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes – insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, you know its done!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread