This fudgy gluten-free dairy-free coconut brownie recipe is also kosher for Passover!
- 1 cup butter or coconut oil
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs (large)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut flour (We used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or dairy-free alternative)
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut
Directions – Brownie Layer
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Leave excess paper on all sides.
- Place dark chocolate and butter or coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until smooth. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cocoa, salt, and espresso granules and mix until smooth. Whisk in the warm chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Fold in coconut flour just until combined, and then fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the parchment-lined pan and spread into an even layer.
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
Directions – Coconut Layer
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer on medium speed, beat the egg whites until frothy (1-2 minutes).
- With the mixer still running, gradually add the granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the coconut and beat on low speed until just combined – about 30 seconds. Spread the coconut mixture evenly on the refrigerated brownie layer.
- Bake until the brownies are just set, and the top begins to brown – about 30 minutes. Let cool completely, or refrigerate before cutting. Remove from pan and slice into 24 servings.