Gluten-Free Hamantaschen Recipe #2!
We just love hamantaschen, and whether you celebrate the holiday or not, it’s pretty hard to resist cookies with sweet jam inside. So here’s our second recipe, this one using Jovial Foods’ Pastry Flour. And if you’ve been wondering just how to make hamantaschen, read on – so easy, fun, and delicious!
Adapted from reformjudaism.org
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups GF flour plus another 1/4 cup to knead in (we used Jovial Foods‘ Pastry Flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- confectioner’s sugar
- your choice of jam, chocolate etc.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt and mix until the dough holds together.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and gently knead in the extra 1/4 cup flour.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using the confectioner’s sugar to prevent sticking, roll the dough out and cut it into 2.5 inch circles.
- Add a teaspoon of filling, pinch on three sides to form a triangle, and place on baking sheet.
- BAKE FOR 10 minutes or until golden brown.