We just love these triangular-shaped jam-filled cookies, and whether you celebrate the holiday or not, they’re pretty hard to resist! Here’s our favorite gluten free hamantaschen recipe. And if you’ve been wondering just how to make them, read on – so easy, fun, and delicious!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (or butter substitute)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups GF flour plus another 1/4 cup to knead in. (We used Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- confectioner’s sugar
- your choice of jam, chocolate etc.
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, if using
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla and beat again until fluffy.
- Add the 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt and mix until the dough holds together.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and gently knead in the extra 1/4 cup flour. If using chocolate chips, add them here as well.
- Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Using the confectioner’s sugar to prevent sticking, roll the dough out and cut it into 2.5 inch circles, using a drinking glass.
- Add a teaspoon of filling, pinch on three sides to form a triangle, and place on baking sheet. (Hint: pinch hard, as this will help to avoid flat cookies with jam dripping down the sides!)
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.