This recipe might be our all-time favorite gluten-free dessert. It can easily be made dairy free, vegan, or egg free – just remember to check the ingredients on your brownie mix! You can even substitute sun butter to make it nut free.
It’s crazy simple, but the best ones often are…
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe
- 1 box of gluten-free brownie mix – preferably without chocolate chips (makes them easier to slice!)
- eggs & butter for brownie mix (use non-dairy butter if making dairy free and flax eggs if vegan)
*We like a LOT of PB filling, but some prefer to halve this part it for a thinner layer.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (or non-dairy substitute – preferably not oil for this part)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (We used Trader Joe’s no sugar added but can use sun butter too)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (non-dairy works too)
- 1/4 cup butter OR 3 tablespoons coconut oil, measured when solid
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil and grease bottom only.
- Make brownies and bake in the foil-lined pan. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir filling ingredients until smooth. Then spread it evenly over the brownie base.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered for 30-60 seconds. Stir until smooth, then cool 10 minutes. Pour over filling, gently spreading to cover.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Remove the foil and bars and slice. Store covered in fridge.