Gluten-Free & Vegan Apple Cinnamon Crepes
by Leah Julian
We all need to indulge in a delicious dessert once in a while and crepes are a great option. And, they can be made GF and vegan, yet still taste so delectable. Check out this apple cinnamon gluten-free, vegan crepe dessert recipe – it’s easy and so good!
- 1 cup oat flour, (can grind your own oats into flour)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or brown sugar, which ever you prefer
- 1 tbsp of flax or chia seeds.
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup of your favorite plant-based milk
- 1 whole banana
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- coconut oil or olive oil for frying
Apple Filling Ingredients
- 3 peeled & chopped apples
- 3 tbsp your choice of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of your favorite plant-based milk
- 1/2 tbs lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1: Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
2: Place all liquid ingredients into a food processor and process. (except for the coconut oil/olive oil for frying)
3: Pour the processed liquid ingredients into the medium bowl with the dry ingredients and use whisk to combine.
4. Heat the pan over medium heat and grease it with your favorite non-dairy butter.
5. Pour 1/3 of a cup of batter into the pan, tilting it to cover the entire surface.
6. Return the pan to the heat for 2 minutes, until the bottom is lightly brown and top is set.
7. Slide a rubber spatula around the edges to loosen the crepe from the pan, and then flip it over. Cook for another 30 seconds.
8. Add the filling and enjoy!
(Gluten-free, Vegan Crepe Dessert)