These chocolate chip raisin granola bars are gluten-free, vegan, and delicious!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup certified gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup vegan Earth Balance butter or other butter substitute, melted
- 1/8 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl combine maple syrup, brown sugar, vegan butter and peanut butter. If the mixture is warm from the melted butter, let it cool. Add in the chocolate chips, oats, cinnamon, sunflower seeds, salt, oats, walnuts, and raisins.
- Place a piece of aluminum foil over a cookie sheet to make it more sturdy. Add the mixture to the top of the aluminum foil. (The foil will make it easier to remove in one piece after the mixture has cooled.) Press the mixture down flat so that the bars will cook evenly.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges start to turn light brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
- Flip the bars onto a plate, peel off the foil and enjoy!