Honey-Yogurt Pound Cake with Raspberries
We’re so happy to welcome Mollie Drury aboard! Mollie, based in Boston, takes traditional recipes and shows us how to easily make them gluten free, like this Honey-Yogurt Pound Cake with Raspberries, originated by Alison Roman.
While I love a great, decadent chocolate cake or super-sweet sundae here and there, I definitely appreciate these desserts that are less focused on sugar, and more focused on incredible flavor and seasonal ingredients.
My general consensus is that slightly-less-sweet desserts are welcome far more often than those which take a different, more sugary approach. There’s a time and place for all sorts of sweets, but in my opinion, a little less sweet is the sweetest. 😉
- 1 ½ cups GF flour (I use Cup4Cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (grapeseed or canola are fine)
- ¾ cup full-fat Greek yogurt (or sour cream, can also use non-dairy yogurt)
- 2 cups fresh berries (frozen works too)
- Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease a loaf pan with butter.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, honey, yogurt, oil and eggs. Fold in the flour mixture, but do not over-mix.
- Add in the berries.
- Flatten and smooth the top of the batter with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes (rotating halfway through the cooking time) until the cake is golden brown and springs back when pressed in the center.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.