GF/Vegan Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Whether it’s pumpkin season or not, this is one of our all-tie favorite pumpkin recipes. It’s easy, basic, and the kids love them! Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
3 cups gluten-free oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar (we replace this with 1/2 cup agave syrup)
1 TB olive/coconut oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 Tbs to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make oat flour by blending the oats for 1-2 minutes in a blender or food processor. When all oats have been blended and look like flour, measure out 2 1/2 cups of it into a medium bowl. Add baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices.
- In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, vanilla, oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar and apple sauce until smooth. Add oat flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake 15-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
- Cool and enjoy!