Cauliflower Steak? Oh Yeah.
We here at Gluten-Free New England have decided that January is Cauliflower Appreciation Month. In honor of this, we will present one totally cool cauliflower recipe per week. And you can slice it any way you want – Enjoy!
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe with Miso Sauce
I medium sized cauliflower, washed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons tahini
1 teaspoon date syrup
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon brown rice miso
5 tablespoons water (more water = thinner sauce)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Carefully lower the entire head of cauliflower into the water. Boil for 10-12 minutes. Larger heads will take a little longer.
- Remove cauliflower and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Put the cauliflower on the sheet and gently rub the olive oil all over it. Sprinkle with salt and bake for approx. 5-6 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix all sauce ingredients. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and brush with sauce. Bake again for 5-10 more mins until golden brown.
- Slice into “steaks,” “wedges,” or florets and enjoy!
Click here to learn about our expos and events!
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe