This easy gluten-free dinner roll recipe might be the simplest you’ll find. And it’s soooo good – you’ll impress the party!
*You could even use this to make challah dough, as it’s already got the eggs and honey!
- 3 cups GF flour (xanthan gum included; we used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons instant/rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free milk of your choice, warm
- 1/4 cup unsalted dairy-free butter of your choice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, add the GF flour and salt.
- Make a little hole in the pile of flour, and pour the yeast inside.
- Warm the milk. Make sure it’s not too hot! Ideally 110-115 degrees. Then pour it over the yeast.
- Add the eggs, apple cider vinegar, honey, and softened butter and mix. The dough will be sticky, but do the best you can to press it together.
- Spray two 9 inch cake pans. For dinner rolls, form the dough into 18 evenly sized balls, and add 9 to each greased pan. For challah, do your best to make one large or two small braided loaves. Spraying your hands with cooking spray helps. Challahs can be placed on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Cover the unbaked bread with a kitchen towel for one hour. A warm place helps, but is’t required.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees for the rolls, and 375 for challah.
- Place the rolls in the center of the oven for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown. Challah will bake a little longer – 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a hollow sound when tapped on the bottom.
- Butter the tops of the rolls if you like, and serve warm. Let the challah cool and then slice. Both freeze well.
Hint: Add raisins for a little sweetness!
Click here to learn about our expos and events!