Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
Our local vegan Instagram neighbor Lauren Bossi just might be the best caption writer we know. Her Instagram page is chock full of peanut butter-infused tips and recipes, along with really funny puns – a perfect combination! Not all of her recipes are gluten free, but the ones that are, are excellent!
Lauren’s Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are so simple and so delicious! Don’t forget to follow her on Instagram at @livinpeanutbetter!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar Recipe
2 cups quick oats
1 1/4 cups peanut butter (any kind)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1 Tbs peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or grease with vegan butter/oil.
- Combine peanut butter and maple syrup in a microwaveable bowl and microwave it in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Add oats and mix.
- Press the oat mixture into the pan and flatten.
- Heat the 1/2 cup chocolate chips with the 1 Tbs peanut butter on the stove or carefully in the microwave until melted.
- Pour over the oat bar layer and spread to cover.
- Place into freezer to harden, about 30 minutes. Then slice into bars and enjoy!