Sweet Potato & Kale Latkes
Looking for a healthier take on traditional potato latkes? Try this recipe!
Gluten-Free Kale & Sweet Potato Latkes
1 egg (for vegan, 1 tbs ground flax seed)
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 small onion, minced
1 cup kale, shredded (could use spinach too)
¼ cup gluten-free flour (your choice)
1 tablespoon GF soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
oil for frying (we used coconut)
- For the vegan version, In a small bowl or cup, prepare flax “egg” by combining 3 tbs warm water with ground flax. Stir then let sit for at least 10 minutes before using.
- Grate sweet potatoes into a large bowl.
- Add egg (or flax egg) onion, kale, flour, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Use your hands to knead together.
- In a large skillet, heat ¼” of oil. With your hands, form latke patties and fry on each side until golden (about 7 minutes).
- Place cooked latkes on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Enjoy!
Traditional Potato Latke recipe click here!