Vegan Sweet Potato & Kale Latkes
Looking for a healthier take on traditional potato latkes? Try this recipe from The Colorful Kitchen.
Gluten-Free and Vegan Sweet Potato & Kale Latkes
1 tbs ground flax seed
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 small onion, diced
1 cup kale, shredded
¼ cup all purpose gluten-free flour
1 tbs tamari
salt and pepper to taste
coconut oil for frying.
- In a small bowl or cup, prepare flax “egg” by combining 3 tbs warm water with ground flax. Stir then let sit for at least 10 minutes before using.
- Use a medium-size grater to grate sweet potatoes. Place in large bowl.
- Stir in flax “egg”, onion, kale, flour, tamari, salt and pepper. Use your hands to knead everything together.
- In a large skillet, heat ¼” of oil at medium temperature. Use your hands to form latke patties and fry on each side until golden (about 7 minutes).
- Line a plate with paper towel and place cooked latkes on it to drain. Enjoy warm with applesauce.
Traditional Potato Latke recipe click here!