Baked Apple Chip Recipe
This baked apple chip recipe is so easy and they’re so addictive, you may not have any leftovers!
Fresh apples, sliced 1/8″ thick (crispy apples work best)
Cinnamon or cinnamon + sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silpat. Hint: on parchment, the apple chips will curl up as they bake. On silpat, they’ll remain flatter.
- Slice the apples 1/8″ thick. A mandoline slicer is ideal, but a knife works fine – just hold the apple firmly. You can core the apples first, or use a very small cookie cutter (or metal icing tip) to cut the core out of each slice.
- Line the apple slices on the pan, ensuring that they don’t overlap. You can sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon at this point if you want. Cinnamon & sugar works too. Bake for 2 hours, rotating the pan halfway through. The chips are done when a chip crisps up after cooling for a few minutes. Every oven and apple is different; bake them longer if needed.
- Store leftovers in an airtight bag or container.
- Got leftovers? Didn’t think so.
Click here to browse mandoline slicers! (not an affiliate link)