Many thanks to The Gluten-Free Babe for this incredibly decadent sweet & salty recipe! She calls it Christmas Crack, and we can see why. Follow her on Instagram and Facebook, and be sure to check out her website at www.theglutenfreebabe.com!
Christmas Crack: Gluten-free Chocolate Caramel Pretzel bar Recipe
- 2 8 oz bags gluten-free pretzel sticks, any brand
- Oil spray, any kind
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (can be dairy free)
- 1/8 cup heavy cream or full-fat coconut milk
- Whatever toppings you choose! M&M’s, sprinkles, etc.
- Spray a roasting pan or 9×13 pan with oil spray.
- Line pretzels in one layer, leaving little to no gaps.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Cook on medium heat until a smooth caramel forms. It will begin to bubble…and once it does…
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over the pretzels and spread to make even.
- Add a second layer of pretzels on top.
- Cool completely in the fridge.
- Once the caramel pretzel mixture is cold to the touch, make the chocolate layer.
- Combine heavy cream or coconut milk and the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the cooled pretzel layer, the thinner the better. Top with your choice of toppings.
- Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours, until chocolate is set. Then slice and enjoy!