“Easier Than It Looks” Gluten-Free Apple Cake Recipe
This recipe is super easy to follow, and hard to get wrong. It’s also not a huge cake, so you won’t feel as guilty finishing it off!
Ingredients For The Apples
- 4 apples
- 2 Tablespoons butter or non-dairy substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar
For The Gluten-Free Cake Batter
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (We used King Arthur)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or any other kind)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9″ round cake pan, 8×8 square pan, or 9″ round springform pan.
- Peel and core apples and cut them into slices.
- Heat butter or non-dairy substitute on low heat in fry pan. Add apples and 1-2 tablespoons sugar. Cook and stir for 10-15 minutes until the apples soften.
- While apples are cooking, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well blended. Batter will be thick.
- Add half the warm apples(and juices) to the batter and fold them in. Pour the batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Arrange the rest of the remaining apples on top. (Make it as pretty as you can/want!)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is slightly browned.
- If using a springform pan, let cool for 10 minutes and then carefully release it. Otherwise, you can let the cake cool in the pan. Or serve warm.