Teenagers

Home Forums General GF Chit Chat Teenagers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Amanda GrissmanAmanda Grissman
    Participant

I have a celiac teen and it’s gotten so hard lately because he just wants to be like the other kids. He orders GF pizza when it’s available, but he gets glutened so often because he’s not careful enough. Do I just let him live and learn? Or is that too risky? He knows what he needs to do, but he’s not doing it. Help!

Tonya CosbyTonya Cosby
    Participant

I have a celiac teen as well, and we have similar issues. How old is yours? I find that the issues change as they get older.

Pete DominicPete Dominic
    Participant

My teen is 15 and is just starting to go out with friends. so far so good, but sometimes she just doesn’t eat. And I hate that.

Shannon NaspoShannon Naspo
    Participant

My teen daughter eats a small meal before she goes out. Then if there’s something safe, she orders it. Even if it’s just a salad or veggies. She doesn’t like to just sit there not eating. That draws even more attention to her. She says the kids just think she’s super healthy. Lol. She also keeps some protein bars in her purse. If they go to a safe restaurant that she knows then she orders a full meal. Her girlfriends try to stick to safe places but sometimes they want to try something new.

Amanda GrissmanAmanda Grissman
    Participant

Any one know if there any celiac support groups in MA for teens?

Judy LevensonJudy Levenson
    Participant

Anyone have a teen who is both celiac and Type 1 diabetic?

Nina MandelNina Mandel
    Participant

Amanda you should check the Celiac Kids Connection. They do some teen activities I believe. Mine aren’t old enough yet. We do the stuff for younger kids. They do a x-mas party that’s super fun.

LandrySLandryS
    Participant

Ok, I need a rundown of the best colleges for celiac students from Maryland to Maine.

Amanda BeaumontAmanda Beaumont
    Participant
    Amanda BeaumontAmanda Beaumont
    Participant

My celiac teen is 14 and she does ok most of the time. I don’t think it’s ever gonna be easy. They all just want to fit in. And sometimes she glutens herself and just deals with it later. It makes me so upset because it’s avoidable and I worry about what it’s doing to her gut. She doesn’t usually feel it until maybe 2 hours after she eats. Why do these kids make such bad decisions?

LandrySLandryS
    Participant

Would love to hear from parents who have celiac kids in college?

Katie PKatie P
    Participant

Mine celiac teen is not in college but were looking. She HATES when I ask about it on tours.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop