Gluten-Free Apple Cider Donut
“Mega Munchkin” Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Bisquick
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or buttermilk substitute(below)
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter substitute, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a shallow bowl, and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix gluten-free Bisquick, brown sugar, nutmeg if using, vanilla extract, buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Drop balls into hot oil (5 at a time) and fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels for 30 seconds.
- Immediately roll in cinnamon and sugar.
Dairy-free buttermilk substitute recipe:
- Pour 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar into a measuring cup
- Fill the measuring cup with your choice of non-dairy milk until it reaches 1 cup.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and use as a 1:1 replacement for buttermilk.
Click here to read all of our latest news and features!
Click here to reserve your Expo To-Go bag!