Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Pizzelles!
Did you know that you can use this amended chocolate chip cookie recipe to make gluten-free chocolate chip cookie pizzelles? It makes approximately 12 pizzelles, depending on your press.
- 1 stick butter or non-dairy butter substitute, softened
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (we like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (they tend to taste saltier when baked on the press, so we lowered the salt from 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, more if you like (dairy free works)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (non dairy works)
2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Preheat pizzelle iron.
- Cream together butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well. Dough will be very thick. Can add a little more flour, if you like.
- Grease the pizzelle iron, if necessary. This batter may not require it, but we always grease ours. Put a heaping tablespoon of chocolate chip cookie batter onto each side of the press and close. Press gently to ensure that the batter spreads evenly.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes – every batter and press is different, so you can adjust the amount of batter. Carefully remove the pizzelles from the press and place on a cooling rack.
- Make the chocolate by combining the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring each time, just until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the cooled pizzelles in chocolate and cover with sprinkles of your choice!