Easy Gluten-Free Churros Recipe
- 2 cups GF flour (we used King Arthur)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice
- oil for high heat frying
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large mixing bowl add 2 cups GF flour and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add 1/4 cup oil, 2 cups water, and 3 tablespoons sugar. Heat on medium until boiling.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour the hot liquid into the 2 cups GF flour. Mix well until it becomes a very soft ball of dough.
- Pour about 3″ oil into a shallow-ish pan and heat until 375 degrees. If you have a candy thermometer, use it. If not, oil is ready when a small bit of dough, when dropped into the oil, sizzles and rises to the top.
- While the oil is heating, prepare a piping bag with a star tip. Piping tips and bags are not too expensive at Michael’s, if you wanna make them pretty. However, you can use a gallon zip plastic storage bag with one corner cut off. They just won’t have that “star” design.
- Combine sugar coating ingredients in shallow bowl. and set it near the frying pan. Stack a few paper towels nearby to place the hot churros.
- Pipe churro mixture into oil in 5-6″ lengths, using a knife or scissors to cut the dough. It’s thick!
- Fry until golden brown. Transfer to paper towels.
- Allow churros to sit for 1 minute before rolling in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Best served immediately.
Click here to watch us make them!