This make ahead gluten-free cinnamon roll french toast casserole recipe is perfect for brunch, holidays, and even busy school mornings!
- 8 cups GF bread cubes (bread should be as big and dense as you can find. We used Canyon GF)
- 7 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk (dairy-free milk works too)
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup GF flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted (can sub dairy free)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (dairy free works)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Spread bread cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Then place them into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until smooth. Pour over bread cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mash into a crumbly topping, and drop evenly onto the bread mixture.
- Here you can either cover and refrigerate for the next day, or bake for 40 minutes.
- While the casserole is baking, combine the frosting ingredients.
- Let casserole sit for 5 minutes before topping with the frosting, and serve with maple syrup.
*If you are making this for the night before, prepare the frosting while the casserole is baking, and not the night before.
*Split the recipe into two 8×8 pans if you want to have some now, and freeze some for later.