Gluten-Free Peach Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
For the filling:
- 1.5 lbs peaches, peeled & sliced (Fresh is best, but frozen or canned work too. Thaw the frozen peaches first)
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or butter substitute
For the topping:
- 1 cup GF baking flour (We used King Arthur Baking 1:1)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk, room temp
- 1/4 cup butter or butter substitute, melted
Sprinkled on the topping
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Make the Filling
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan, add the sliced peaches, blueberries, water, brown sugar & cornstarch.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice and butter.
- Pour hot mixture into an 8×8 or 9×9 pan.
Make the topping
- In a large bowl, add the GF flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Combine the milk and butter, and then add it to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Mix the sprinkled topping ingredients and set aside.
- Spoon the topping over the fruit layer and spread gently. There will be a lot of topping, so it should cover the entire pan. You can use all of the topping or only 2/3 of it – your preference.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar, using as much or as little as you like.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top os golden and fruit is bubbly. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. We let ours sit for 2 hours and it was still warm!