When’s the last time you had gluten-free popcorn shrimp at home? If it was recently, then boy, you’re lucky! If it wasn’t recently, and you can have shellfish/seafood, head to Whole Foods for this Boom Boom popcorn shrimp, or order the alternative brands below. We even included a vegan option!
And, if you want to make coconut shrimp at home, check out our GF/paleo/Whole 30/Keto air fryer recipe!
Manufactured in Thailand with all gluten-free ingredients, the Whole Foods Boom Boom shrimp is best prepared in an air fryer, but can be deep fried as well. We don’t have information about the facility where it’s made, but we’ve never had an issue with them. Check out the ingredients below.
Shrimp (Farm Raised), Potato Starch, Egg White, Soybean Oil*, Salt, Water, Baking Soda *Non-GMO
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Keto, Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, leave tails on
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (more if you like!)
- any other spices you like!
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- In a medium bowl, mix the coconut with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg.
- Coat the bottom of an air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Coat shrimp, one or two at a time, completely with beaten egg.
- Place them into the shredded coconut mixture and cover them completely.
- Place the coated shrimp immediately into the sprayed air fryer basket.
- Repeat until all shrimp are coated and the fryer is full with one layer of shrimp.
- Cook at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove them from the fryer, and do the second batch of shrimp. Use a spatula or tongs to slide under if they stick to the basket.
- Enjoy with sauce of your choice!