Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Muffin Recipe
- Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Can be Modified to be Nut Free)
- Refined Sugar free… Minus the chocolate chips 😉
- ¼ cup non-dairy butter (can also use coconut oil, I prefer Smart Balance or Earth Balance)
- ¼ cup honey (be sure to have some extra honey on hand for a final drizzle!)
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- ½ banana, mashed (roughly ¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice extract (optional- but highly recommended)
- 2 cups GF 1:1 Flour (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray your muffin tins with cooking spray, or line your pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the banana, pumpkin puree, honey, butter, and milk. Mixing well.
- Next, add in the vanilla and pumpkin spice extracts, and one egg at a time.
- Then, add in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.) Mix well until fully combined.
- If you are adding the chocolate chips go ahead and fold them in.
- Evenly distribute your muffin batter into 12 muffins, filling them up until ¾ way full. Next, top with cinnamon and Stevia (or sugar) (see below) if you choose to do so. Lastly- drizzle each muffin with a little bit of honey for an added sweet treat on top!
- Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 21-23 minutes checking periodically. Use a toothpick to ensure they are fully cooked- and the toothpick comes out clean! Let the muffins cool, and remove from your pan! Feel free to enjoy them plain, add some butter or nut butter of your choice and enjoy!
Optional Toppings –
½ cup Mini Vegan Chocolate Chips (I love Enjoy Life brand!) You can omit the chocolate chips, although it’s delicious with them! Another option is to add some additional cinnamon and dash of Stevia for a cinnamon “sugar” topping- can use real sugar as well!
*These muffins freeze VERY well! Make a double batch and they’re a great pre-made breakfast or snack option!