Craving a gluten-free waffle cone? Make your own – we did! We ordered this Chef’s Choice pizzelle maker from Amazon (not an affiliate link), used the recipe below, and BINGO. We even dipped some into chocolate and sprinkles, AND made gluten-free ice cream bowls and cannoli shells!
Gluten-Free Waffle Cone Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter (dairy free works) melted and cooled
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg white (egg alternative works)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract (more if you like)
- 1 cup GF flour (We use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, egg white and sugar. Whisk or use a hand mixer until light in color – about 3 minutes
- Stir in cooled butter and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix GF flour with baking powder. Stir into egg mixture. Batter will be very thick.
- Preheat iron and brush or spray with oil.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into the middle of each preheated plate (Waffle iron use 2 tablespoons). Close the lid.
- Cook for max of 2 minutes until cone is lightly brown.
- Remove from iron and transfer to a kitchen towel to protect your hands.
- Using your hands or a wooden waffle cone shaper, form into a cone (or any shape you want). Lay seam-side down on a plate to cool. Work quickly!
Chocolate Dip Recipe
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (non-dairy works)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
Gluten-Free Waffle Cones