Craving a gluten-free waffle cone? Make your own – we did! We ordered this Chef’s Choice pizzelle maker from Amazon (not an affiliate link), used the recipe below, and BINGO. We even dipped some into chocolate and sprinkles, AND made gluten-free ice cream bowls and cannoli shells!
Gluten-Free Waffle Cone Recipe
- 5 tablespoons butter (dairy free works) melted and cooled
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg white (egg alternative works)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract (more if you like)
- 1 cup GF flour (We use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt butter and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, egg white and sugar. Whisk or use a hand mixer until light in color – about 3 minutes
- Stir in cooled butter and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix GF flour with baking powder. Stir into egg mixture. Batter will be very thick.
- Preheat iron and brush or spray with oil.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into the middle of each preheated plate (Waffle iron use 2 tablespoons). Close the lid.
- Cook for max of 2 minutes until cone is lightly brown.
- Remove from iron and transfer to a kitchen towel to protect your hands.
- Using your hands or a wooden waffle cone shaper, form into a cone (or any shape you want). Lay seam-side down on a plate to cool. Work quickly!
Chocolate Dip Recipe
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (non-dairy works)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
Click here to learn about our expos and events!
Click here to read more of our latest news and reviews!
Gluten-Free Waffle Cones