Gram’s Fish Chowder Recipe
Submitted by Amy Merriam, of @marriedwithceliac
There are many recipes of hers that I still struggle to recreate in a gluten free way. This one, however, is naturally gluten free, and always brings comfort to my heart. I hope you enjoy this warm and simple recipe.
- 1lb White Fish (whatever is fresh, not frozen)
- 1 cup Potato, diced
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter, cubed
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1/2-1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bottom of a Dutch oven, add the onion, garlic, and potatoes. Lay the fish filets over the pile of vegetables, and pour the wine over the fish.
- Drop the cubes of butter all over the top of the fish.
- Put the lid on the Dutch oven, and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven, and test to make sure potatoes are cooked through.
- Use a spoon to mix and break up the fish. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, mixing into the chowder as you pour. When chowder has reached the desired consistency, add salt and paper to taste and enjoy!