It’s September, and that means gluten-free pumpkin muffins and bread! Below are 6 brands of mixes, complete with ingredients. We also included our favorite pumpkin bar recipe, which can be made vegan, and is a genuine family favorite in our house. Happy Baking!
SUGAR, RICE FLOUR, POTATO STARCH, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM ALUMINUM PHOSPHATE), DRIED PUMPKIN, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS OF: PEA FIBER, CANOLA OIL, TAPIOCA STARCH, SALT, CELLULOSE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL ESTERS OF FATTY ACIDS, CINNAMON, MONO- AND DIGLYCERIDES, XANTHAN GUM, CELLULOSE GUM, CANOLA LECITHIN, MOLASSES, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, NUTMEG, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, GROUND GINGER, YELLOW 5, RED 40, CITRIC ACID AND BHT (ANTIOXIDANTS).
Contains a Bioengineered Food Ingredient. Kosher.
Cane Sugar, Whole Grain Brown Rice Flour, Pumpkin Flakes, Whole Grain Oat Flour, Potato Starch, Cellulose, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Molasses (Molasses, Maltodextrin), Salt, Spices, Xanthan Gum, Vitamin and Mineral Blend [Calcium Carbonate, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Reduced Iron, Thiamin Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2], Baking Soda.
Gluten-Free & Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oat Bar Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (Can sub in honey, but honey makes it no longer vegan)
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips, plus 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
- Set oven for 350 degrees and spray 8×11 or 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Blend oatmeal in a food processor or blender for 2-3 minutes or until it’s a fine flour.
- Put oat flour in a medium bowl. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar (or honey), vanilla extract, oil, and applesauce for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Mix in oat flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top. Bake for 15-25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean or with just a few crumbs. Timing varies depending on pan size, but check at 15 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack and cut into 16 slices.
This recipe is very freezer-friendly!