Thank you Massachusetts resident Debra Masucci for making gluten-free soft pretzels from Trader Joe’s pizza dough. Sometimes the best ideas come from YOU!
- 1 package of Trader Joe’s gluten-free pizza dough (modified tapioca starch, rice flour, sugar, potato starch, millet flour, tapioca flour, xanthin gum, salt, water, nonfat dairy milk, yeast, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, mono calcium phosphate), deactivated yeast
- 5 cups water for boiling
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- Bring water and baking soda to a boil in large pot
- Slice, roll & shape dough into pretzels. Need twisting help? This link can show you how!
- Put pretzels into the water bath for about 30 seconds each, removing with a slotted spoon.
- Place each bathed pretzel onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake at 375 until brown and cool on wire racks. Then enjoy your gluten-free soft pretzels!