Gluten-Free Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
So much easier to make than they look!
Ingredients for rind
- 2.5 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 2.5 cups miniature marshmallows
- natural green food coloring
- 2 cups gluten-free Rice Krispies (we use Aldi Brand, which is gluten free)
Ingredients for the center
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 3.5 cups marshmallows
- natural pink or red food coloring
- 3 cups gluten-free Rice Krispies
- mini chocolate chips
Instructions for the rind
- Spray a 9″ cake pan with cooking spray.
- Melt 1.5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add in 2.5 cups marshmallows. Once they’ve melted a bit, add in a few drops of green food coloring and stir until the marshmallows are completely melted. Make it as green as you want!
- Remove pot from heat and add in 2 cups Rice Krispies and stir until all are evenly coated.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared baking dish. Spray hands with cooking spray and press the mixture evenly onto the sides of the dish, creating a rind roughly 1.5″ wide.
Instructions for making the center
- Clean and dry the saucepan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add 3.5 cups marshmallows along with the pink or red food coloring. Cook and stir until fully melted. Remove from heat and add in 3 cups Rice Krispies.
- Pour into the center of the cake pan. Spray hands again and press the red Rice Krispies into an even layer. Let cool.
- Press mini chocolate chips into the pink center to create “seeds.”
- Let the “watermelon” cook completely.
- Cut into 6 or 8 wedges and enjoy!