Gluten-Free, Paleo, Keto Zucchini Lasagna Recipe
- 3 Large or 5 small zucchini, roasted (see how below)
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2 cups marinara sauce, your choice
Roast the zucchini noodles. This can be done in advance, or just before you prepare the lasagna.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4″ thick “noodles.”
- Place the strips on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and rub in with your fingers, ensuring that both sides are lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and roast 10-12 minutes just until tender.
- Remove pans from oven and set aside.
Prepare the filling & assemble lasagna
- Reduce oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, egg (if using), Italian seasoning, and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a 9×9 baking dish, spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce evenly. Top with 1 layer of zucchini noodles, and then dollop half of the ricotta mixture.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the marinara, spreading evenly with a knife or spatula. Add another layer of “noodles,” the rest of the ricotta mixture, and another half cup marinara.
- Top with a last layer of “noodles,” the remaining marinara, and sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella cheese & parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.